1 Acre is quite a lot of ground. Mine is about that too & I find it quite a handful! The problem with untended areas is the proliferation of weed seeds - you must have problems with that! I have virtually had to give up on major weed control in my garden because it is just too time consuming. The major source of weed seeds here are the "park" areas which the Muni no longer maintains. Grass cutting has become bush clearing with a front end loader around critical areas such as sub-stations & culverts. Perhaps they should fence off the parks & hire them out for grazing? The Muni claims they have no money for maintenance because the salary bill is so high and they just can't get rid of idle labour because of the power of the unions. The primary task of the "workers" seems to be the collection of cheques at the end of the month.

Alan C