I've started having a problem where the mouse pointer just disappears & won't come back.

Windoze10 (came preinstalled on the new computer I bought when my old computer died).

I've done the two things Micro$oft recommends -
♦ UNCHECKED the box that says "Hide the mouse pointer while typing", and ♦ CHECKED the box that says "Show the location of the pointer when I press the CTRL key.

When the pointer disappears pressing CTRL causes an expanding circle to flash momentarily on the scree showing where the mouse pointer is supposed to be.

But at the same time I can't move the pointer with the mouse. No matter how I move the mouse, the pointer is frozen in the same position.

The only way I've found to bring the mouse pointer back when it malfunctions this way is use keyboard commands CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up a log off screen (using the tab key to move the focus to the appropriate box) and then powering off the computer.

Not very satisfactory.

--
Vivere in aeternum aut mori conatur

https://www.avg.com