Back to the K-01 + EVF?

Alan C

On 13-Jul-22 12:25 AM, John Francis wrote:
On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 03:44:15PM -0400, John Sessoms wrote:
News article that says Nikon will be getting out of the DSLR camera
business. They've recently discontinued their entry-level DSLRs D3500 &
D5600 models.

Canon already announced their EOS-1D X Mark III is their last "professional"
DSLR.

I don't know if this is good news for Pentax? I hope the brand endures.
I don't see it being good news for Pentax - I don't expect people switching
away from Nikon (or Canon) DSLRs are going to choose to switch to Pentax.

To be frank, I don't see the DSLR market surviving that much longer, no
matter whose name is on the camera.  I expect the K3-iii to be the last
Pentax APS-C body with a mirror; I can see there possibly being one last
kicker to the K-1 line.  But after that there probably won't be enough
potential purchasers to recoup development costs on any new bodies that
have a mirror box and optical viewfinder. Any other new bodies that can
accept K-mount lenses (whatever the sensor size) will probably have an
electronic shutter and an electronic viewfinder. That lowers the build
cost for low-end bodies, and allows for faster frame rates, and all sorts
of additional features (remote control with a remote viewfinder, to name
but one) on fancier models.
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List