> On Aug 24, 2022, at 2:05 PM, Rick Womer <rickpic...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It’s a long story, but I recently bought a new MacBook Pro and external
> monitor as “work” computers.
>
> The colors are ugly, though, and I’d like to calibrate both devices.
>
> The problem is that my calibrator is an Xrite i1 Display, which is old enough
> that there is no longer software available.
>
> So, I am shopping for a new calibrator. I’m not feeling fond of Xrite at the
> moment. What are people’s experiences with the Spyder calibrator (a mere
> $169)?

I had a Spyder, which I had bought because in theory one could use it in Linux,
but they were downright antagonistic. At some point after getting my mac I went
to the colormunki, which I liked a lot better.  I recently ran into isues with
the colormunki/xrite software no longer working on the generation of macos on
my computer, so I upgraded that and broke lightroom.  Long story short, I ended
up having to do some aftermarket juju to upgrade my mac pro to catalina (which
is about to be end of life) and start paying for the ransomware lightroom.

You could try running displaycal and see how it works with the xrite i1
https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/x-rite-i1-display-pro-plus/

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com.   sent from ret4est