> On Sep 6, 2022, at 12:12 PM, John Francis <jo...@panix.com> wrote:
>

> It's a little warm out here ...
>
> Yesterday some parts of the greater SF Bay Area had temperatures as high as
> 117F.
>
> It's not quite that bad here, but yesterday got to just shy of 110, and today
> is on track to be at least as hot.
> (It's around mid-day, and the temperature outside is 103).

My home weather station reported 107F (42C?) in Felton.  I think the hottest
I’ve ever seen at home was maybe 103.

> And, of course, at just a few minutes before 8pm on Friday out air
> conditioner attempted to cycle on, made a nasty 'clunk' sound, and stopped
> working.
> We managed to find a repair company that was still answering the phone, and
> they sent a technician out.  Unfortunately our unit is over 20 years old, and
> the part that needs to be replaced has to be shipped - nobody local nowadays
> keeps every part that old in stock.  And Carrier's parts shipping department
> was closed for the holiday weekend …

A couple months ago we were building a temp chamber for calibrating probes at
work and picked up a window unit for $130 at Lowe’s.  *If* they have any left,
it might be worth buying one even if just as a backup unit.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com.   sent from ret4est

--