People don't draw rational conclusions when they see a serious camera. Five
examples of irrational inferences:

1. "That guy photographing my city may be up to something." If the Brit
were a bad guy, he would have been careful not to call attention to
himself. Ergo, he would have forgone the big, conspicuous gear and taken a
quick shot or two from his car window.

2. "Let me see that camera, Sir." As mentioned months ago, there's no
rational reason for airport security guards to peer through the viewfinder
of a non-SLR. Absolutely nothing can be determined about the camera's innards.

3. "Sorry I'm in your way." When I'm at a school shooting an indoor event,
people duck and apologize as they walk by my tripod, even though I take
pains to stand a foot or two away from it, my hand off the remote release
cord, to assure them that I'm not about to snap the shutter. There's no way
anyone could mistake my 1970s gear for a camcorder that's "always recording."

4. "His camera says Sears. He can't be serious." That would be the Sears KS
Auto, otherwise known as the Ricoh XR-2s.

5. "That Stregevsky fellow is standing on a stepladder to reach his camera
on his tall tripod. And he's holding a release cable. And there he goes
with a one-legged tripod, with its head turned sideways. And he's dressed
in black. He must know what he's doing." :)

Paul Franklin Stregevsky