> On Jan 16, 2023, at 8:38 PM, Bipin Gupta <bip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Shop, shop, shop; GAS, gas, gas ( gear acquisition syndrome).
> We have all been conditioned to cajole our Idiot Boxes into telling us to
> get new Cameras and Lenses every 4 to 5 years.
> Why? Perhaps because of technological reasons, sharper and better picture
> qualities etc.
> What did we have in our early Film SLR days? A camera that allowed you to
> play with the (3) Basics - Shutter Speed, Aperture Opening and the Film
> ISO. It was a luxury if you had a built in Light Meter, Focusing Aid,
> Double Exposure, Self Timer or some other Gimmicks.
> And we produced beautiful results.

Yeah, I've produced some beautiful results with an Argus C-3 and expired film.
The camera doesn't affect the artistic quality of the photos that you can take,
but the camera does affect what photos you can take.   Some of my best work is
taken upwards of ISO 10,000, or hand holding down to 1/10 second.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com.   sent from Mirkwood

--