That is true, as I understand it, of other species of sea turtles.  Here in
Maui, at least, the green sea turtles frequently rest on shore, often  in
the sun.  There are loggerheads and other turtles offshore here, but they
do not come on to the beach, and I believe most of them lay their eggs in
the uninhabited islands at the northwest of the Hawai'ian chain.  Green
turtle lay eggs in m any areas here on Maui.

Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery