Some photographer wiser than me gave me some curious advice:  when you are
shooting a scene, turn around and look in the other direction;  you may be
surprised by what you see.

I was on the beach on Maui, shooting another beautiful sunset.  While
moving around to get some foreground interest in my sunset shot, I glanced
eastward, and noticed that Haleakala volcano was bathed in the warm glow of
the setting sun, and the astronomical observatories near the summit could
be seen, even from the beach.  The resulting image is a bit unorthodox, but
somehow I like the result:

http://dan-matyola.squarespace.com/danmatyolas-pesos/2023/2/23/glow

K-5 IIs, smc DA 18-135 mm F 3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] DC WR
Comments, criticisms, questions, and suggestions are invited and
appreciated.

Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List