This is the third in my series of images fitting the May PUG theme of "One
Tree."

I found this tree while exploring the gardens of Birr Castle Demesne in
County Offaly, Ireland.  The demesne includes not only an impressive
ancient castle surrounded by beautiful gardens, but also a Science Center
that features what was for many years the largest telescope in the world.

I was leaning against this gumtree for support while photographing the
gardens, when I noticed the unique texture and color of its bark.  I
submitted it to the Pentax Photo Gallery, and, to my surprise, it was
selected as the image of the day.  It has always been one of my favorite
images:

http://dan-matyola.squarespace.com/danmatyolas-pesos/2023/4/30/bark

K-r, DA 28-80 mm zoom
Comments, criticisms, questions, and suggestions are invited and
appreciated.

Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List