I think it would still be a good idea to put a roll of film through. You seem
to be where I was last year with my MX, which I bought new in 79/80.

I resuscitated it last year and all seemed well, not even a sticking mirror,
until I got the first roll of film back, which very clearly showed significant
shutter lag. I had it serviced, including mirror foam replacement, but after
two or three more rolls there was still a bit of a problem with the shutter,
which I had fixed under warranty.

Anyway, the moral is, don’t believe anything until you’ve film-tested it!

Good luck! I guess your recent procedure has been a success, and I hope the MX
surgery is successful too, lovely cameras.

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List