I had my K20D converted to Amplified Color (665nm) IR.

Had my first chance to test it out today. Didn't notice they'd reset the default output to JPEG, so I'm going to have to make another test outing.

First thing I've noticed is it doesn't seem to work very well if it's not bright sunlight. Test shots I took indoors don't show ANY image unless I boost the ISO way high & use high exposure compensation.

IR is supposed to be really good for harsh daylight (shooting in the middle of the day), so I took it out from 1:00 to 3:00 today to photograph a field of sunflowers that are just coming into bloom.

I had it at F8 using the SMC Pentax-DA 1:1.8 50mm lens it seems like everything is really soft (out of focus?) except for stuff out on the horizon.

I've got to go out and make another test, but anyone got ideas?

--
Vivere in aeternum aut mori conatur

www.avg.com
--