On 7/18/2023 10:11 AM, Ralf R Radermacher wrote:
Am 18.07.23 um 15:07 schrieb Bill:

Subscription services seem to be the way of the future.

Either that or you'll only get updates for a year. Still leaves you with
the option of continuing with the older version.

Then again, in many cases there is a new version every year that
includes new or improved functions and you'll upgrade anyhow.

What I hate are schemes like Adobe's where you lose all use of the
software if you don't keep on paying. ("Buy once, pay forever.")

Ralf

Which is why I'm still using the last perpetual license version of Photoshop - PhotoshopCS6 ...

The only real problem I've had with that is ALL the tutorials on YouTube assume the latest rent-ware version. Sometimes I have to figure out how to duplicate some new built-in feature; or find a different tutorial.

--
Vivere in aeternum aut mori conatur

www.avg.com
--