I've just returned from a trip up to San Francisco to visit an exhibition at
the de Young Museum entitled "Ansel Adams in Our Time" (courtesy of the Lane
Collection at Boston's Museum of Fine Arts).

It was great to be able to see original prints made by Adams himself (and even
to watch a short video of him explaining his process for setting the exposure,
and for creating the actual print).

Personally I was not particularly impressed by most of the other photographs by
other photographers included in the exhibits - they mostly served to confirm my
opinion that very few photographers come anywhere close to Ansel Adams.  But it
was still well worth the trip, and I came home with a new book to study
entitled "Ansel Adams - 400 Photographs".
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List