https://www.flickr.com/photos/101533246@N02/albums/72177720310649025

Yes, they’re both older hardware. But comparisons of top-end equipment are
still useful.

The Sony A7RII was equipped with the G24-105/4. The K-1 with the 77/1.8
Limited. Two outstanding lenses.

Both of these pairs are crops from the same image (1 P, 1 S) to show both
detail and DOF.

Sony image at 98mm, f4, 1/100, iso 2000.

Pentax image at 77mm, f2.2, iso 400.

Neither sensor was accurate on the brick color. The Sony had too much yellow
and the Pentax too much red. Reality was about half-way between the two. I
wonder what the digital version of the 77/1.8 would have done with the brick
color.

The 77 was better on edge sharpness, though the 24-105 is quite respectable for
a zoom. (I understand that there is a next gen of the f4 zoom that is even
better. Sony is doing a good job, though quite pricey.)

Both lenses do render DOF quite nicely. Though this isn’t formally a “macro”
shot, some lenses do exhibit too much curvature in close-up work. Both of these
perform nicely.

I don’t have a Pentax zoom that is the equivalent of the Sony or I would have
used it. The 300/4.5 might have been a bit unwieldy.

The short of it is this, and it’s something we all know: Pentax still holds its
own. I state this because people sometimes need this type of reassurance.

Also … why do I have two bodies? I have two because the SLR works much better
when shooting anything that might be in motion while a mirrorless body works
better for streaming, recording, and informal gatherings (due to general
compactness).
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List