I would guess relationSHIPping is closer to the origin of this urban
expression than Longfellow's poem.

Henk
Ann wrote:

Interestingly (or not) the English Language expression "passing ships in
the night" referring to brief romantic interludes,
sounds like it originated with that definition of yours.

ann

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List