On Thu, Jun 06, 2024 at 12:42:39AM +0200, Ralf R Radermacher wrote:
> Am 06.06.24 um 00:09 schrieb John Francis:
> > Maybe it's time to add a section to the PUG for images created with
> > non-Pentax
> > gear. Or maybe it isn't - I don't know hom many other non-Pentax using
> > PDMLers
> > are still around.
>
> What keeps you from posting photos shot while you were using Pentax gear?
>
> I haven't been able to take any new photos for the last two years and my
> days as a 'picture taking' photographer are over but I still have tens of
> thousands of RAW and scanned analog photos to sift through and quite a few
> to publish.

Nothing stops me from posting old photographs - I shoot significantly less
than some people here, so I've got every digital image I took available.
(And boxes of slides, negatives, etc., very few of which have been scanned).
But that doesn't help me get to be a better photographer. I sometimes used
the PUG topic as a way to prompt myself out of my comfort zone and try some
shots I'd never have thought of myself. Much of the time it didn't result
in anything I wanted to show anybody else, but there were occasions when I
came up with something I was pleased with, and even a few times when I ended
up with an image I felt was worth submitting.

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List