> On Jul 5, 2024, at 10:05 AM, Ralf R Radermacher <p...@uebra.de> wrote:
>
> Am 05.07.24 um 18:20 schrieb Godfrey DiGiorgi
>> However, this is arguably my all-time favorite compact 35mm camera. It's
>> full-frame 24x36 mm format...
>>   Minox 35GT-E
>> ::https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53837228803_b43a592cb9_b.jpg
>
> Yep, great little camera. Remember a test in a British photo magazine saying
> "The photos are so sharp you'll want to cry." :-)
>
> I have the 35GT version. Inherited from my father who received it from his
> colleagues on the occasion of his retirement, together with the matching
> flash unit. Had to have it repaired twice, over the years. I understand
> they're prone to shutter probs. Gave up on it when it broke yet again. Now,
> it has a place of honour on my camera ancestors' shrine.
>
> But, boy, did it take great photos. Here's one of mine:
>
> https://www.fotocommunity.com/photo/fuehrerstandsmitfahrten-fotoralfbe/44923299

Very nice!

The 35GT-E and 35GT-X versions improved radically on robustness and
reliability. Mine has never needed anything but an occasional fresh battery.
The -E gave you manual ISO settings, the -X read the ISO from the film
canister. That manual control of ISO nets full control of exposure so that's
what I bought. Never regretted for one instant... :D

%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List