I don't do a lot of wide angle shooting, outside of covering
large groups, but, when I do, I too like to get up really close
on a foreground person, at a small aperture to cover a great
depth to include the environment in the picture.

Normally, I use telephoto lenses from 85mm to 200mm and follow
the general rule that, if my pictures aren't interesting enough,
I'm not close enough.

Weddings and portraits are my favorite work but I like event
photography too, as long as there are plenty of people involved.
I just think that pictures without people are not very
interesting.  The people don't have to be the main subject for
me but they have to be present somewhere.

Len
---