A few months ago, someone posted a P67 outfit and studio lighting set they'd seen on a
newsgroup.  I followed it up, and now I'm the proud owner of two 650 watt-second
Courtenay flashes, along with two softboxes, two stands (one heavy-duty, with wheels),
a boom stand w/counterweight, plus a couple of reflectors, and the necessary cables,
all for $600Cdn!  Plus $150Cdn for shipping from Toronto, as it came in three heavy
boxes.

That's the good part.  The bad part was that one of the flashes got damaged in
transit, by UPS, and the repair bill was $345Cdn.  The packages arrived around April
25th, and as soon as I realized one flash wouldn't flash, I contacted the seller, who
started a claim with UPS.  Well!  First they wanted a repair estimate, then to see it
re-packed, so they could be sure it had been packed properly.  It was in a computer
monitor box, with a double layer of bubble-wrap and about a bushel of foam peanuts.
They took a week to return it, then I took it back to the repair shop.

Then came the hand-off to UPS's insurance company, who found more stalling tactics,
like asking for more copies of all the paperwork, which had to come from the seller.
Luckily, he was very helpful and co-operative.  Each stall took a week or two, so only
today, June 24th, was I able to pick up the repaired flash.  It took two months to get
the unit fixed!  As I mentioned in a previous posting, UPS=bad news.

Pat White