"Alvaro Elgueta Z." wrote:
>So the question is: which 3rd party flash unit are compatible with the
>MZ-50? (I mean working in accordance to the camera`s programs) I saw Sunpak
>444AFP, Vivitar S1 850 and Sigma EF500ST in Adorama, all these claim to be

        Like everybody else, I've never heard of the 444AFP (sounds like a
dedicated AF-Pentax flash, right?).
        I too have the 444D with PT-2D module that I use primarily with my PZ-1p.
It supports viewfinder flash-ready indication that works even on my Sears
KS-2 (a Ricoh something-or-other).  I've even used that module successfully
on my K-1000, so it seems that it will probably work with any Pentax body
that supports analog flashes.  I have found that it does not support the
flash-OK indication through the viewfinder.  There is a light on the back of
the flash to indicate OK, but you have to look take your eye away from the
viewfinder to look at it, and sometimes (when you used only a small fraciton
of the available power) it only lights briefly.  The PT-2D module sports a
light sensor itself, so I can get autoflash on bodies that don't have a
flash light sensor themselves.
        The only ptoblem I've head with the flash has been that it occasionally
mildly confuses the circuitry in my PZ-1p (it gets confused about when to
drop the mirror and wind the film on) if I don't let it recharge long enough
between pictures.

hope that helps,
patbob ([EMAIL PROTECTED])