> The lens does, indeed, rattle within, as though a few tiny ball
> bearings are rolling around! Can anyone else confirm that this is
> "normal"? What about you Vivitar Series 1 105/2.5 owners?

Well, Paul, I just checked, and the LN- VS1 105/2.5 Macro here does
not specifically make a "ball-bearing" sound when it is mounted (or
dismounted), but it does make a ~very~ faint "ball-bearing" sound
(as I guess you could call it) when shaken, whether mounted or not.

I'm not sure this reply helps you or not...

Fred