Tuesday, July 09, 2002, 5:59:50 AM, Alan wrote:
>>I don't suppose I can plug a 5p cord directly into the head...I guess
>>I'll need another Off-Camera adapter F to mount it on a bracket?

AC> Yes, unfortunately. However, I do not know how sturdy the whole setup would
AC> be if there is a plastic adaptor between your bracket and the flash. Perhaps
AC> you might check out Metz accessories to see if there are better alternative.

Tom,
    you would need a SCA 3007A coiled cord. One end connects on the
    SCA 3072 adapter (Pentax) on your camera, this end has a built-in
    light for AF assist (so it stays on camera all the time), the
    other end has tripod socket on bottom and connects directly to the
    Metz flash via the SCA base. If multiflash was what you wanted,
    there are multiconnectors for TTL cabled flash, or even TTL
    wireless flash (which requires two Metzes, one as controller, the
    other with 3080 shoe fitted as the remote, while the controller
    could be on the bracket connected by the 3007a to camera, and
    remote everywhere else in the room). Metz's remote TTL works
    similar to Pentax's in 360FGZ - not radio controlled but
    controlled by light pulses.

    However, I really don't know how well or worse do the SCA work in
    rough handling compared to ptx breaking shoes. As somebody said
    it, most shoe flashes are not the best rugged part. A friend had
    problems with Nikon SB hotshoes breaking too, a lot. I think on
    the SCA system, the three screws that hold the small hotshoe part
    to the bigger SCA adapter body would give first and break before
    the actual SCA flash-adapter connection breaks, so you would
    replace only the SCA adapter instead of the flash's sca foot, but
    I don't know from experience :(

    I had the SCA foot itself broke on my (older) 35CT3, but it was
    because it fell from 2m on hard floor _without_ the SCA attached,
    so the impact shattered the SCA connection on flash. If the
    adapter was on, I guess nothing would have happened except perhaps
    breaking the cheap adapter.

Best regards,
   Frantisek Vlcek