Like Rob Studdert, I work mainly from home, but on my daily outing to
collect the mail I will usually carry a camera - sometimes the MZ-S,
sometimes the MZ-5, just recently the newly-acquired Spotty.  With the
AF cameras, I will have either the 28-105 or the 18-35 zooms attached -
with the SP, the 50/1.4 (which is BTW, a fantastically good lens even
today).
Going out evenings and week-ends, it's rare for me not to throw the bag
with just about everything in it in the boot, and to have at least one
camera with me in the car.
And no, I've never had that once-in-a-lifetime opportunity come up when
I've had a camera with me either!

John Coyle
Brisbane, Australia