Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:48:47 -0400
From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Always at the ready - OT

Ryan K. Brooks wrote:
I take a Konica Auto S3 to work everyday, with TMY
loaded.

Thanks a lot, Ryan. Now you've got me hankering for
the most satisfying
pro-quality autoexposure rangefinder I never bought. I
did buy a
Vivitar 35
ES copy, but it was turned out to be broken. I carried
the Vivitar in
my
belt pouch for a week anyway, peering through its
viewfinder and
fiddling
with its controls, thinking, "Finally, a no-excuses
rangefinder small
and
light enough to take anywhere."

For those unfamiliar with the Auto S3, Modern
Photography found its
lens to
be among the sharpest they'd ever tested on a
fixed-lens rangefinder at
every aperture, center and edge. It fetches $200 or so
on U.S. Ebay--no
thanks to CameraQuest, whose tribute page has made its
charms known to
one
and all (including me).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]