Hmm... sententious as usual. As we both shoot slide and nature, we
   can't be that different in tastes when assessing "good" exposure
   after all. So it must be the cameras. Likely the MZ-S and PZ-1p
   read the additional DX exposure latitude info that allows it to
   recognize the slide film and balance the multisegment algorithms
   accordingly towards neutral or slight underexposure. On the
   contrary, my MZ-5n lack the pins for DX exposure latitude, so it
   assumes it's always loaded with negative film, hence in *certain*
   *conditions* it exposes for shadows, something that is perceived as
   overexposure on slide . And this is not a malfunction, it's simply
   the intended behaviour as others have confirmed. Personally I'm not
   bothered at all as I use the spot meter anyway for all my slide
   work - and I rarely miss it.

   Servus, Alin