Thanks for the reply Herb.I cannot seem to
access the page.I'll try later.The images are
 from the N**** D1.I shot all withe shutter
priority so i'll assume thats were my sky
problem is from.
So the program will try a best fit.eH Maybe i
need to reshot with 1-2 less frames.

Thanks
DAVE<

since you are using a digital camera to shoot your panoramas, you must lock
exposure and white balance starting with the first image you shoot. on the
consumer cameras such as the Coolpix 5000 i currently use for panoramic
work, it's a single menu setting to lock both. you need to level your
tripod and camera separately and shoot in portrait mode. this maximizes the
vertical dimension. you can always crop later. overlap your images by about
50% for best blending. this means that the center of your current image
should become the edge of the next image. it's not a good idea to use a
polarizing filter when shooting panoramas. you will exaggerate the effects
to the point where the corners of overlapping images don't match in
exposure. it may look like vignetting.

for three of my recent panoramas, take a look at
http://users.bestweb.net/~hchong/temp/ and the files named cg01.jpg,
cg04.jpg, and cg06.jpg. these are some pictures i took on my trip to
Calgary and Jasper a month ago. these are 6 or 7 original images each
stitched with MGI PhotoVista. the originals are about 6500 pixels across
and i have downsampled to the 2000 just to give manageable image sizes. i
took these using my Coolpix 5000 at the widest zoom i could, the built in
28mm equivalent. just after i got back from vacation, the adapter ring for
my 0.68x wide angle accessory lens arrived and i could have shot at a 19mm
equivalent, using fewer shots but having less resolution in the final image
to cover a certain angle.

when i am able to take all of my gear instead of travelling light, i use a
Kaidan Kiwi-L panorama head screwed into my regular ball head on my tripod.
this is only feasible with my digital camera since it is very light and i
have a small ball head. the Kiwi head allows me to set the nodal point
properly for doing full 360s. when shooting only 5 or 6 shots (up to 150
degrees), i can usually do them hand held. the vertical alignment and
minimum overlap are both critical.

i don't shoot panoramas using film anymore. the Coolpix 5000's 5 megapixel
images are more than enough for most work, and slides rotate slightly in my
scanner's holder relative to one another and also because of the mounting
jig for mounting slides. if you use strips of slides or negatives, you will
have better luck.

Herb....