Fascinating and sad.  So I must take issue:

#1. It's a food joint that I only eat at when
there is no other option.  One step above hunger.

#2. We're doing a correlation between the fine LX
and a tasteless piece of "food".  Let's try
precious metals.  At least they have something
in common.

#3. What's the Big Mac exachange rate?  Is it 1 US:2 Can:3.5 UK, etc?

#4. Have you ever tried one in the darkroom?
(Obviously I haven't, so this is anecdotal)
My understanding is that they retard developer and
fixer both.

The conclusion here is clear:
The Big Mac has no place
in the life, camera bag,