>So today, I bought Dave Chang-Sang's Leica CL with Summicron C 2.0
>40mm.  A very nice looking little unit, I must say!  I hope everything
>I've heard about this lens is true (you out there, Cotty? <g>).
>Certainly, the prints Dave showed me were impressively sharp.
>
>Should be a nice little camera for street photography.  But, Cotty,
>after your big build-up earlier this week, if I'm not happy with it, I'm
>going to fly over there to kick your butt. <vbg>
>
>I know it's ain't a Pentax (hence, the OT), but I just had to share with
>you guys.  I'm a Leica owner!  :-)

Congrats Frank - it truly is a great little camera. I'd go so far as to
say that if you don't enjoy it as much as I think you will, I'll even
meet you at the airport, and present you with a bare bottom, target rings
and bulls-eye painted on, ready to go. Make sure you've got some extra
grotty hobnail boots :-)

seriously, it grow on you more and more. Also - it's *not* an M series
camera. I know that sounds daft, but wondering about with it, you don't
feel that it has a stigma attached to it as the (say) M6 does. People
gawp less, it attracts less attention, and so lends itself beautifully to
street. You will have loads of fun. If only Leica had joined forces with
Pentax on that one instead of Minolta.

The focus takes a moment to get used to, but from then on, it's great. No
shutter lock, but when I wind on, I'm serious ;-)

Good luck with it and have fun. You will.

Cotty