-----Original Message-----
From: MANGUM,MARK
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 11:37 AM

This is not for the faint of heart.

I relatively new to the list, but I do love
my Pentax's so please bear with me.

I have finished a project of rebuilding a
couple of K1000's and had two bodies left over.
This led me to thinking (Yes, I know I shouldn't
do that), what would a BLACK K1000 look like.

I purchased a special leather kit from
cameraleather.com and stripped a body down to
see what a paint job would need.

I tested a couple of different paints and cleaners
and settled on a gloss black. The flat and satin
paints just didn't look right.

To see the final camera go to the cameraleather web site at

http://www.cameraleather.com/pentax

and go to the bottom of the page. The K1000 with the green
background is the finished product.

Let me know what you think. I a dedicated Pentax user
so I have thick skin. It did turn out better than I had
expected and even I like it.

Mark Mangum
-
Mark,

        Interesting.  I was looking at the site yesterday and noted the black
K1000.  I thought it looked nice, good work.  But then again I have two of
my four LXen snake-skinned.

        Go to http://cesar_abdul.home.midspring.com/LX_skin.html to view my
'exotic' LXen.

                        César