Hello to all,

I finally received my Vivitar Series 1 70-210 zoom
yesterday.  Optically it is very clean with only a
couple of dust specks.  Mechanically, the zoom ring
rotates very well but it has zoom creep.  Short of
throwing a rubber band around the barrel/zoom ring,
are there any other fixes to this?  It must be costly
to have it fixed so I think I'll use rubber band for
now.  With the exception of the zoom creep this one
will be a keeper.  Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks to everyone who pitched in their opinions on
this lens.

Francis M. Alviar
Irvine, CA
http://autos.yahoo.com