>> Collected comments (just 1, actually) on the 50/2.8 PKA, which
>> has a max. magnification of 1:2: O.U. Peterson: "All metal.

> Wrong, its partly plastic,

It does seem to me as if the aperture ring is probably plastic.
However, the aperture ring nonetheless seems to have a nicer feel
than the more obviously plasticky aperture ring on the A 50/1.7.

> but this lens has also a floating element ( am I the first to have
> noticed this ?)

I hadn't noticed, but I don't really know how I would.  Just what
did you see that allowed you to determine this, George?

Fred