I used a Sunpak model with the Pentax module on my LX.  Unfortunately, it
did not give me TTL confirmation with the blinking diode in the viewfinder.
I just use a Pentax 280T with the special synch cord on the LX to get TTL
and the blinking diode in my LX.
Now, with my Pentax 645,  I use the 400 T and that special synch cord to get
TTL with the 645.  I like the way the camera adjusts flash output with
ambient light in a church or hall when I shoot weddings with it.

Jim A.