Hi, andre,

Well, the Soligor 2.5-3.5 35-70 zoom would only be rare insofar as I
doubt that many people got sucked into buying one <vbg>

Seriously, no they aren't rare at all.  I see them on eBay on a
semi-regular basis.  I'm guessing that they're around 20 or 25 years
old.  I paid $20US for mine, but it has a teeny scratch on the front
element, so it flares like crazy.  I only bought it as a stop-gap, until
I found something better, which I now have, and should receive today
(just got a delivery notice in the mail!).

Thanks for the comments!

regards,
frank

--
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist fears it is true." -J. Robert