>You're not alone.  I have resisted buying one for quite some time
>based largely on how much I read about it's problems.  You don't hear
>nearly as much about problems with MX's or SuperPrograms, etc.

Few years back I read from a UK magazine. The UK representive said, "The
Super A was a very reliable camera because the demand for the parts was very
low." On the other hand, even most Pentax fans like the LX very much, the
amount of problems discussed on the net were also the most. I have the
impression that people like the LX so much they would do anything (constant
expensive bills) to get them fixed and still said they were reliable. Now
pls don't flame me for being not a LX fan. I like the LX, I just don't have
faith on them. I just choose to use something that I can trust when I need
it.

regards,
Alan Chan