I've deleted and skimmed a lot on this list so I may not be telling you
guys anything you didnt
know, but when I tried to get these today at my regular post office the
clerks started giggling.
(I know them all, cause I spend a lot of time there mailing ebay stuff -
so they were not being rude.)

The reason they are scarce is not just their enormous popularity because
they are so handsome, but because, I was told, "one of the photographers
complained"  since they are all dead, I presume
my postal friend just misspoke.

So which of the (c) owners was responsible for this?  I wonder if they
will reissue with
one different photographer in the mix ?  Do all you guys already have
your batches?

Anyway, I went to the main post office philatetic window - as suggested
by my clerk friend -
bought 5 sheets of them - 2 for presents, one for me, 2 to retire on
later :)

Anyone with the whole story on this or a place on the web for me to read
about it?

For those of you not in the USA - our postal rates just went up so they
went out of their way
to make particularly lovely stamps to make the transition less painful,
I think.  The photogs
included are Weston, Strand, "St. Ainsel", Lange,Steichen, Steiglitz,
Man Ray , Gene Smith, Evans..
and more. No Bourke-White tho. pout pout.

annsan who continues to procrastinate 3 days before departure.