In a message dated 8/4/2002 8:04:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> That being said, you can always wait a bit, hunt for a used BessaR2  at some
> point :-)
>
> Now that the seed is planted.. I hear the hunting bugle calling me . . .

I think I've all but decided to pick up a Bessa R2. I notice that I can also
pick up an M42 to M (bayonet) adapter and use a couple of my wide screw
lenses (24mm, 35mm) on the Bessa. Of course, they won't be rangefinder
coupled, but with the depth of field they offer this isn't an issue. I figure
I should buy at least one or two Voigtlander lenses to flesh out the kit.
Most likely the 50mm 1.5 and the 90mm 3.5 APO. It doesn't appear that
Voigtlander makes a 24mm viewfinder but I figure I can just use the 25mm.

Has anyone heard the shutter on the Bessa R2? Stephen Gandy says it's louder
than a Leica but more like a "quiet SLR."

-Brendan MacRae