----- Original Message -----
From: "steven gilson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: OT: Why I'm leaving pentax (and why you will follow)

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1372383054

It reminds me of some recent scandal in Poland. A guy from Italy sold
cameras named Canomatic (ever heard this name, guys?) which are plastic crap
much like the one above (they even look like this). He sold them to people
who don't know anything about photographic equipment, claiming that they
were highly specialized cameras. The price was, if I'm not mistaken, up to
even 1000PLN (about $250) while the real value was 70PLN (about $4) at best.
Here it is: http://www.allegro.pl/showitem.php?item=6662773
People took Canomatic for Canon:)
Check out this fast 50mm f/6,3 lens, the one and only shutter speed of 1/200
(maybe it's even a leaf shutter:)) and that cool flash:))
I't doesn't have two color viewfinders and acronymic design though.
However, similarities are clearly visible, I guess. Even the brand name:
Canomatic - Canon, Olympia - Olympus...
I wonder if there will be any such crap imitating Pentax... any ideas what
will be its brand name?:)) Pentakus?
Greetz
Artur