BR

From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Most of the booths that I walked up to took one look at the flash with the
lumiquest bouncer and immediately asked if I was with the "press" or
"media". This was never asked when I did not have the flash on the camera.
Other comments included things like "whoa .. that's some camera you got
there!" but this was again, due to the bouncer and 283 being on the camera.

Is it due to the 283 and bouncer that people felt that I may have been a
press photographer ?  The 283 @ 90degrees and the bouncer on top added
significant height to the LX and that made it far more pronounced.
It made me ponder this because NO ONE mentioned or asked why I wasn't using
a N*k*n or C*n*n camera.  They also never mentioned "wow!! a Pentax!!"...
just sort of made me think that perhaps it's not so much about the actual
gear but the perception that it gives off.