>Question: Do I need to over/under-exposure slides as some sort of
>general rule? How about prints? Should I under-expose sunsets to get
>that warm orangish hues??

Shooting sunset is pretty easy. Just meter off the sky without including the
Sun. You can be certain the slides will appear deep orange or red as long as
the real thing looked good to your eyes. No filter. But beware that the
foreground will be totally dark. Works for me!

>Also, it will be lush green in Kerala this time of year due to rains.
>Would I better using a Fuji print film compared to Kodak Gold? We
>don't get any other films other than the consumer grade films here.
>I will be only getting 4x6 prints made.

Which machine is not important. The most important is the quality of the
lab. I have shot Kodak Gold and have had good results from both Fuji and
Kodak labs. But good labs are difficult to locate.

regards,
Alan Chan