On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 21:58, Glen O'Neal wrote:

> It seems to me with all our friends on the PDML, one of us should be able to
> order anything you need and ship it to you.

Wow, thank you. I will keep that in mind if I don't manage.

But my goals are more long-term: I want to shake some sense into the
local distributors. I've been trying to order a 77/1.8 for over a year,
but am reluctant to sink money into my Pentax gear if I can't even
depend on them for replacement parts.

Imgine going to various camera shops every month for a year, asking
them:
  "Have you got my eyecups yet?"
  "Nope, the rep says Pentax forgot to order them again".
  "Oh. Any price on a 77/1.8 yet"
  "Nope, the distributors never phoned back. The guy I spoke to last
didn't even know such a thing existed"
  "Oh. Did you get that Pentax camera case for that dentist yet?"
  "Nope. No response from Pentax the past two years."

Sheesh!

Every night I tuck my cameras in bed as if they're orphans in an
orphanage, or refugees or something :-)

--
     ,_