"J. C. O'Connell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Heads up guys.
>
>Epson is now offering a $100 rebate on their 1280 printer.
>Seemed like a good deal so I took the plunge.
>Found one online for $417 before rebate so net cost is finally reasonable.
>
>Question: Can anybody recommend a good paper (glossy) for doing color
>and BW printing with this machine?

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the world of digital printing!

I've found the Espon Premium Glossy paper works well as do the Ilford Galerie
papers (I've used the "Smooth Gloss" - equivalent to the Epson Premium Glossy -
and the "Classic Pearl").
My all time favorite isn't glossy at all though: It's the Ilford Fine Art paper.
I do *all* my own prints on this paper.

--
Mark Roberts
www.robertstech.com