>Well said Pal.  Something is worth what people are prepared to pay for
>it.  If enough people are prepared to pay the price for an MZ-S then it
>is not overpriced.  Basic economics.  [Rob]

I wonder what the term 'overpriced' means then if everything is worth
exactly its selling price (assuming it sells)?  Isn't it possible to take
some sort of reasonable and dispassionate look at things and determine at
least a reasonable range of relative value?  If someone came out with a
K1000 clone tomorrow that sold for $5000...and it sold well somehow (it is
possible!), couldn't we all agree nonetheless that it was overpriced?  One
could begin by comparing the build quality, features, etc with that of an LX
or MX or whatever and determine that it wasn't worth it.  I guess I'll stop
before starting another anti-Marxist thread...I guess I just can't believe
it's impossible to speak at all about value or about something being
overpriced in terms other than whether it happens to have sold in some
particular and in many ways artificial context.

Robert Soames Wetmore

"I am not interested in constructing a building so much as in having a
perspicuous view of the foundations of possible buildings"
Wittgenstein