Robert Soames Wetmore wrote:

> Is this true - that the small bateries were the main thing governing the
> shutter/motordrive specs?  [...]

There is probably a cost related issue as well.
Since the camera is thought to be directed at advanced amatorial users
maybe Pentax guessed they could use a slightly slower motor drive and a
less performing shutter without losing too many possible customers at a
cost advantage.

I have a Z1-p and I know I never used the continuous mode for the motor
and never used speeds faster than 1/2000. As I shoot soome macro the
max. synch time does weigh more in my personal priorities so 1/180 while
not unacceptable would have been a minus in the camera evaluation.

Ciao, Flavio