Jerry wrote:

> In a message dated 8/20/2002 3:38:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> > ..but the Z-1p's body is pretty cheaply made and it has nowhere near the
> > rigidity of the MZ-S or its durability regarding the outer body.
> >

> I hate to continue to be the devils advocate here, but how are you MEASURING
> rigidity

The rigidity of the MZ-S was stated by Pentax engineers. It also quite obvious from
hanling one. It feels like it's carved out of  a single block of granite.

>and has the MZ-S been oj the market long enough to determine
> durability...again how are you measuring durability?  Or is this just more
> touchy feely stuff?

I did say durability of the outer body. The Z-1p is soft, scratch-prone plastic. The
MZ-S has the most durable, wear resistant outer body finish of any Pentax ever. It
won't suffer cracked bottom plates either. I didn't comment of the durability of the
inner parts. The Z-1p was good in this regard.

Pål