Hi troops,
First off, my apologies for the transition glitches. Nothing like a live
fire exercise, eh? To address some concerns:
1.) I've just changed the variable to force replies to be addressed to the
list itself, instead of the original author. It should go into effect in a
few moments. (I hope...)
2.) This is different software (SmartList, for those keeping score), and
silly me tried to make it act like majordomo. When I dumped the "nomail"
addresses into the "accept" file, I didn't realize that the "accept" file
is just a duplication of the "dist" (subscriber list) file. Duh. Also, the
nomail file was full of old addresses that I had never cleaned out. My bad.
3.) It is possible to set up a new nomail list, but I haven't done it yet.
When I do, I will notify the list. In order to make certain which addresses
are current, I plan to do a mass mailing for verification.
4) Sorry I wasn't able to respond to each of the thousand emails I got
asking me what was going on. I was (understandably, I hope) sort of busy
sticking fingers in the dike.
5.) I hope you were able to get some good photos.
Carry on, then
DougList Guy