Wednesday, August 28, 2002, 3:20:14 AM, Ken wrote:
KA> My Sunpak flashes are < 7 volts so that should not be a problem.  I am
KA> not sure about TTL, but IIRC it doesn't.

KA> On Tuesday 27 August 2002 07:41 pm, Mishka wrote:
>> Anyone knows if Sunpak 522 can fry LX? I don't have a voltmeter and

Hi Mishka,
   in the most recent Sunpak catalogue, there is no mention of the
   522, (it's a handlemount isn't it), there is only 622/622Super
   (which is the biggerst one with interchangeable flash heads), 555
   (which does ttl), and 544 (no ttl). I had the european version of
   555 (G4500DX) and it had TTL and low voltage enough (under 6 volts
   IIRC), so your 522 could be safe. You can see for yourself it its
   TTL or not - all TTL handlemounts have a two-row 8-pin (? iirc)
   connector most probably on the underside of the flash head. To this
   you connect the ttl cable which is connected to a ttl module on the
   camera. The cable is Ext-11 for the handlemounts.

Good light,
   Frantisek Vlcek