Hallo Wendy
In the german FotoColor was a test about telezooms. The new FA100-300
4.7-5.8 got simular verdicts than the Pentax 80-320 which has a good
reputation. The power zoom version is also big and havy. There is a third
version, the F100-300 which looks like the powerzoom but has no zoom motor
and is less expensive.
For money the new FA100-300 4.7-5.8 looks good, but I think it has a plastic
lens mount.
regards
Rüdiger

>Quick question - FA100-300mm
>
>There appear to be two versions. A power zoom version (f4.5-5.6) and a
current silver version (f4.7-5.8)
>The comments on Stan's site all seem to pertain to the power zoom version,
and imply that it's not worthy to carry the Pentax name.

>What about the new version? It's considerably cheaper, but does that mean
that it's an even worse performer than its older brother?