Jeff, Dave Chang-Sang and I got together yesterday at the Canadian
National Exhibition (the CNE, or "Ex") for some picture taking of the
Airshow, a few drinks, some food, and some shots of the midway.

The airshow was great - we couldn't hear the announcer where we were,
but I think we saw (and took pics of) some Harvards, an F-16, an F-18,
an Orion (or was it an Aurora?) a Mustang, the British Red Arrows team,
and Canada's Snowbirds, along with various stunt planes and stunt
helicopters (!).

I decided to take along a Spotmatic with my old Tak 2.5 200mm preset,
because I have an m42 2x teleconvertor, and I figured that I'd need
400mm.  I was right, it was a decent focal length, but I discovered part
way through the show, that with the teleconvertor on, it wouldn't focus
to infinity.  I'm guessing that most of my shots will be blurry, except
possibly those with a slower shutter speed and small aperture - and even
then, who knows.  Oh well, live and learn.  I'll just have to get a long
lens (that I'll only use about once every 2 years).  Sigh...

Jeff and Dave left late in the afternoon, but I stuck around until dark,
to get pics of the lights of the midway with my "new" 24-48 zoom - those
should be interesting, if nothing else...

As usual, a good time was had by all!

regards,
frank

--
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist fears it is true." -J. Robert