Hi,

Having endured John Paul II in Krakow, I now inflict UKPDML II
on those who wish to pay penance for their addiction to
"possibly the finest glass in the world".

THE PLAN:

Spend the weekend of 19/20th October in a log cabin near Kielder
reservoir in Northumberland.  Arrive Friday, leave Monday for
those who can, with various combinations in between.  (The
cabins sleep between 6-10, usually in double/twin rooms)
Go to various photogenic locations and stare at the fog or
try vainly to stop your tripod and camera whirling
away across the moors in the force 10 gale.  Sample a small
proportion of the innumerable local beverages.  Reflect on the
stupidity of mankind and become better persons for it.  Go home.

COST:

About £10/night/person for accommodation.  If we need to hire
transport, about another £100 - £150 divided between the users.
Food and other sustenance should come to no more than
£50/person, even if we eat out all the time.  Or you can be
subjected
to the delights of pernackelty, stotties and other, stomach
deadening epicurean delicacies.

Finer details can be worked out nearer the time and between
those who are involved.  For now, I need confirmation that you
will attend and, in the very near future, the cost of your
accommodation.  This will vary according to the number and type
of cabins we need to book but should be about £30.

Contact me OFF LIST (I did mean to shout there) for my personal
contact details.

mike